Thursday 22 October 2009

You Shake And Shake And Shake The Bottle…

A father has complained to Kent police after his teenage son was added to the national DNA database for slamming ketchup on to a girl's head.
We’ve all been there. Mind you, I usually try standing it in warm water first...
Kent Police said officers had followed the Home Office code of practice.
Ah, the usual Robocop response: ‘We followed the guidelines’…
Zach's father James said: "What he did was stupid, I'm not going to argue that. I think the police do a wonderful job, but it seems to me their hands were tied.

"To stick him on the DNA database alongside rapists, murderers, burglars, what I would class as proper criminals, just seems a bit excessive to me."
Not to the people for whom we are all criminals, though…
Det Ins Dave Berry, from Kent Police, said Zach can apply to have the details removed from the database.

"There is a well-established appeals process for people feel that they shouldn't have their DNA on the DNA database," he added.
Yes. There’s also a recent ruling on the innocent having their details expunged; tell me, DI Berry, just how did that get dealt with?

Thought so….

2 comments:

James Higham said...

We've all been there.

Did you put ketchup on a girl's head, Julia?

Wow.

JuliaM said...

Well, no. I've been tempted though... :)