Friday 28 February 2014

“Because The Rules Shouldn’t Apply To Me, That’s Why!”

A pregnant commuter has hit out at train bosses for their seating policy after she was forced to sit on a carriage floor when she nearly collapsed.
Her problem being that they do indeed have a policy to help with this, but she falls outside its parameters. Someone always will.
Mrs Poskitt travels three days a week, working the other two days from home. She said: “You have to have a pass [to sit in first class], and because I travel three days a week, not five, I don’t have a pass, I pay by Oyster
...
I thought they might be willing to make an exception, particularly after I told them about what happened, but after conversations with various managers they’ve flatly said no, saying policy is policy.”
Given your commute, I’m not surprised:
Mrs Poskitt, 40, who commutes from Yorkshire via Surbiton for her job in marketing …
*boggle*
She added: “I don’t honestly know [what to do next], I keep trying with South West Trains, I’m throwing myself at their mercy because they could make all the difference to the last few months of my pregnancy.”
Perhaps you should have given a thought to your travel options in the first few months of your pregnancy? Or even, before it?

11 comments:

Fidel Cuntstruck said...

I was starting to feel a little sympathetic towards Mrs Poskitt .. until I spotted the badge.

AndrewWS said...

Maybe she should have given a thought to her travel options before she took the job!

Joe Public said...

Surely a case for compromise?

Let her sit on the floor in the 1st Class carriage.

James Higham said...

Always strikes me as funny, paying by oyster.

Anonymous said...

Its easy to get a seat in First Class. Just pay the fare!

Mishi said...

The whinging cow could always buy a proper ticket for first class.

If I'm ever on the same train as her, I'll put my bag on a seat just to piss her off.

Ed P said...

She looks more than 5 months gone, but then prima-gravida at 40 has many complication possibilities. Just another case of bad planning (travel and birth control)?

JuliaM said...

"I was starting to feel a little sympathetic towards Mrs Poskitt .. until I spotted the badge."

I've seen very few of those badges, but surely they aren't needed?

"Surely a case for compromise?

Let her sit on the floor in the 1st Class carriage."


Heh!

"Just another case of bad planning (travel and birth control)?"

Oh, indeed. She can criticise what she claims is other commuters' bad behaviour, but we can't criticise her?

Macheath said...

If this is the same Victoria Poskitt who is 'Deputy head of communications at Association of Teachers and Lecturers', then surely the travel document she really needs is a boarding card for the Golgafrinchan B-Ark.

Dick the Prick said...

She commutes from God's own to somewhere via Surbiton? I...I have...I have a vision of a Premier Inn the muppet.

andy5759 said...

Once, oysters were regarded as poor men's food. Doctor Johnson fed oysters to his dog, the servant was so embarrassed buying oysters that he bribed a street urchin to get them. I suppose that's what we call inflation.