Saturday 28 October 2017

If She'd Acted With Half This Amount Of Passion & Apparent Sincerity...

...maybe she'd still have a career in showbiz:
'I called my attorney & said I want to get my script back, but before I could, #2 @amazonstudios called to say my show was dead,' claimed McGowan.
That move meant that she was no longer able to take her screenplay to another studio or network in an attempt to develop her work elsewhere, and that Amazon would forever hold the rights.
'I am calling on you to stop funding rapists, alleged pedos and sexual harassers. I love @amazonstudios but there is rot in Hollywood.'
She closed out by stating: 'Be the change you want to see in the world. Stand with truth. #ROSEARMY #Amazon.'
Nuttier than my Christmas fruitcake. If only there'd been some sort of warning that...

Oh!
McGowan revealed that she had sold her show to Amazon last September, with the series supposedly an account of her youth growing up as a member of the Children of God.
The alarm bells should really have been ringing a lot earlier, shouldn't they?

5 comments:

John M said...

This whole story has descended into a parody. #MeToo has become #LookAtMeToo, with seemingly every tired, out of work, or forgotton actresss now jumping on a bandwagon in order to generate publicity for themselves. Shame that they never thought to mention it back in the day.

And that is a tragedy. There are certainly real assaults at the heart of this, but such is the apparent narcissm of actors that it is now turning into a shrieking contest in which nobody wants to be seen to be left out. Publicity is everything, otherwise they would be quietly reporting the crimes to the Police instead of to the Tabloids.

Just Trevor said...

If you are the genuine victim of an actual crime you should report it as soon as possible. I don't see why this is difficult in any way.

Oi you said...

I used to know someone who was brought up in a similar cult and she had some very strange ideas. Even though she had escaped, she still seemed brainwashed. What I found really difficult to deal with was her constant lying. Or perhaps I should call them her 'delusions'. She really couldn't tell fact from fiction. Poor woman.

:o/

Anonymous said...

I long for the day when, just to try and obtain a balanced viewpoint, some actor, male or female, is asked if they have ever offered sexual services in order to obtain a role in a film or play. However, I would think that question would spell the end of the interviewer's career.
Penseivat

JuliaM said...

"This whole story has descended into a parody. "

It didn't exactly start from a high point, either!

"I don't see why this is difficult in any way."

No-one sensible does.

"She really couldn't tell fact from fiction. Poor woman."

Well, thespians lie for a living. So it's easy to see why the lines blur.

"However, I would think that question would spell the end of the interviewer's career."

Of that, there's very little doubt...