Sunday 31 December 2017

Absent Friends....

As we begin the countdown to slip out of 2017 and into a new year, and all that might bring, please raise a glass with me to those we have lost:

Captain Ranty (Blog now sadly gone dark)

Unenlightened Commentary

Anna Raccoon

Dracunculus, who lost his fight in the early months of this year.

Bystander, a sad loss to the world of profession-blogging.

Gone, but not forgotten.

Blogs going dark, for whom I fear the worst:

Peter Risdon, who hasn't posted since May or Tweeted since July. I know he was battling liver cancer. Peter, if you're out there, & just fed up with blogging, I wish you all the best.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your own efforts.
It is all much appreciated.
Also thank you for the role call of absent bloggers.
Each more worthy of a knighthood than the slithy to be Cleggers.
Doonhamer.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings Julia, but sadly Peter died on the 8th July :(

Unknown said...

RIP all those you mention. Thanks again for all the fun and occasional outrage

AndrewWS said...

I heard on Facebook that Peter Risdon had died.

JuliaM said...

Oh, damn. I was really, really hoping that wasn't the case... :( Now my honour roll is a little heavier, like my heart.